Antiochian Orthodox Christian residents of the Paterson area held their first religious services in 1919, in the German Lutheran Church on Church Street and Broadway in Paterson. The Church, as we know it, was not officially charted until 1921. In that year, an old three-story school building was purchased at an auction by Mr. Nicholas Andalft, a devout member of the church. It was later converted into a church for the Antiochian Orthodox worshipers . The first pastor of this church was Reverend Theodore Yanni. The church then numbered about fifty families. Between 1923 and 1947 the church experienced good growth through the effort of the priests who followed, along with the lay leadership. Some of those priests were Father Makarios Moore, Father Abdullah Khoury, Father Fareed Farkouh, Father Anthony Sakey and Father Moosa Khoury. On September 28, 1947, the church welcomed its new pastor, Father Michael G. Simon, who dedicated his life to its service for the next thirty four years. It was during those years that St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church of Paterson, New Jersey welcomed the nationally known television program, "Lamp Unto My Feet" which was televised on April 16, 1961, bringing the Orthodox Easter to America through the effort of Mr. A. Van Mitchell. The Church choir in this program was directed by Christine Lynch, as it has been since 1948. In 1970, three and one-half acres of land were purchased in Little Falls, New Jersey, as a new site for the church. Mr. George Karram, a member of the parish council, spearheaded the building program, which broke ground on May 19, 1974. On September 21, 1975, Metropolitan Philip consecrated the New St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Churchat a Divine Liturgy assisted by its pastor Father Simon, as well as Father Antoun Khoury, Father George R. George of Boston, Father George Coury of Greensburg, Father Paul Schneirla of St. Mary's, Brooklyn, Father Gregory Abboud of St. Nicholas Cathedral of Brooklyn, Father Michael Abraham of Glens Falls, Deacon Olof Scott, and Father Joseph Allen of Bergenfield. The Father Michael Simon era was marked with growth on both the social and spiritual frontiers. He developed, among the members, a strong sense of family. The seeds he planted are bearing fruit today: the one-of-a-kind choir, the spirit of service, which does not grow old, and the undying will to overcome all obstacles. The church is as great as the talents of its clergy and laity. The history of this church is rich with both. The seed of which Fr. Michael Simon planted in the hearts of his faithful still bear fruit even today. Fr. Michael's humility, tenderness and his overwhelming love became a pattern for the times that followed. Fr. Michael Simon retired in 1981 and shortly after him came Father Malatius Husney, who was there for three years. Father Michael Abdelahad was an interim priest for one year. Then in August 1985, St. George of Little Falls received its most recent pastor, the Archpriest Elias Bitar. Thanks to Father Elias' tireless efforts, the parish continued to prosper and grow over the next decade, living up to it's reputation as an active and productive part of the Archdiocese. Currently, St. George is a thriving, and growing community, with over 500 registered members. We have activities for all members of our church family, as described on the Parish Organizations. We also strive to be responsible members of our community, by helping in charitable activities such as donating food to the hungry, and helping the local first aid squad. We will continue to be a vital part of our community in the future.Today, the church is well rooted in the sacrifices of the past, the diverse talents of today and the great hope for a Christ-centered tomorrow. One thing about the recent times of St. George's is the family atmosphere, which truly identifies the church. "Let us Love one another" ("Linuhibba Baaduna Baadan") is chanted every Sunday in the liturgy, and has become the motto of our church. All the priests who served at the holy altar of St. George witnessed the work of Christ in the church as well as what the evil one can do if we let him. It is our commitment to God (not to man) which helps us overcome all obstacles. The spiritual leadership, which inspires and motivates the flock with good example and love, sets the course for true growth in the vineyard of Christ. To all the past clergy of St. George, many thanks. To all the people of St. George, past and present, may the Holy Spirit fill our weakness with strength, our hearts with love and our future with hope and success.